Katie Evans – President
The Top Ten Things You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About the President of Components Electronic Systems, LLC.
1. Katie began working in professional offices doing light secretarial and administrative work at the age of fourteen. This experience allowed her to have many other wonderful jobs throughout her life.
2. Katie has always loved “playing” with things that didn’t work. As a teenager she took apart her radio multiple times to fix the tape player each time it broke. She never told her parents what she was doing just in case she couldn’t get it working again. Lucky for her she was always able to fix it and get it all put back together. She still shocks people when she starts to build something. I guess they didn’t think a girl could do it.
3. Katie is married to Jason. Together they have one daughter. Maybe someday they’ll have some more children. Who knows?
4. Katie graduated from Brigham Young University with her undergraduate degree in 1998. Someday she would like to go back to get her masters degree as well.
5. For her escape, Katie loves to scrapbook. In fact, her other job is to teach people how to scrapbook. She is loving digital scrapbooking. You can get it done so much faster on the computer!
6. Katie has lived in Arizona for most of her life. Her family moved from Texas to Arizona on her first birthday. She is an Arizona girl through and through. She would much rather be warm than cold any day. Those years in Utah at school were REALLY tough.
7. Katie has had three favorite jobs (besides being president of this great company). She started working as a lifeguard and a swimming teacher at age fifteen and did that until she got married. Katie loved every minute of basking in the sun and getting paid for it. Working for the Dean of Education was another great experience for Katie and she greatly values the skills she learned there. Finally, when their daughter Katelyn was born, Katie and Katelyn got a job at the Provo City Library running the “Born To Read”, “Book Babies”, and “Story Time” programs. It was a wonderful experience to learn more about the administrative end of running a large program and getting to work with my daughter there with me was such a blessing.
8. Katie is an avid camper. At ages fourteen and fifteen she took ten days to go hike one hundred miles in the wilderness carrying all of her supplies on her back with a group of other like minded girls. To this day Katie enjoys getting out into nature – however, now a day she prefers a mattress and a camper to sleeping on the ground.
9. Katie is an accomplished musician. She plays the flute, piccolo, piano (for her own enjoyment only) and sings. She traveled through Europe with a group called the Arizona Ambassadors of Music after high school. Katie very much enjoys getting to sing with her husband Jason (yes, he has a very nice voice too) and her daughter Katelyn.
10. Just a few of Katie’s other favorite things to do are:read books and magazines, go to the lake to water ski, sit in the lodge at the snow skiing resorts and watch everyone else freeze, organize disorganized spaces, go to lunch with her girlfriends, go to the movies, and get her toenails done.